Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine Eats


I try to make {or do} something special for my wonderful family on Valentine's Day. This year it was all about delicious homemade goodies.
It was my very, first time making homemade bagels and they were delicious! These blueberry heart-shaped bagels were happily consumed for breakfast!

We have been working out and trying to eat better so I opted for a healthier dinner and dessert this time.
Baked salmon, quinoa, and roasted green beans were on the menu!

You may be wondering, "Wait, what in the world is quinoa?!" {Pronounced KEEN-wah} Quinoa is a healthier version of rice, basically. It has a good source of protein, fiber, magnesium, and even iron. Not too popular yet, but I was able to find it a Walmart. So, if your wanting to give it a try hopefully you can easily find it too!

Then, we finished off the evening with some yummy chocolate covered strawberries!
I hope everyone had a love-filled Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. I love blog posts about food. The bagels look amazing. I love salmon. We like quinoa too. I cook it with brown rice, a little butter, some salt, and garlic powder. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with all of your baking/cooking! Those bagels look delish! (Bagels are a staple in my diet!)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete