Thursday, March 14, 2013

Tasty Toast


Ok, Ok. I know what your thinking.

"She's writing a blog post about toast?!"

YES.I.AM

BUT, it's not your typical pop in the toaster and slab a little butter on it, toast.

A different and yummy variation to the classic breakfast food. 

First, we have coconut toast. We have had this in our family for years and it's so yummy!

6 slices of bread
1/2 c. flaked coconut
1/3 c. sugar
1 stick butter, melted
1 egg
1 t. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Combine coconut, sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla. Spread evenly on bread, place on cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.

Next, we have cinnamon toast. This makes me believe I have been making cinnamon toast wrong all my life. Plus, the 'Pioneer Woman' came up with this recipe, so you know it's yummy.

8 slices of bread
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla
dash of nutmeg {optional}

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together the butter, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg, if using. Spread evenly over the slices of bread. Place the slices of bread on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Then, turn the broiler on 'low' and broil until it's bubbly.  

And that's it! Two yummy toast recipes that are fast and easy to make.

Oh, did I mention they are low-calorie and fat-free?

No?

Ok good, because they aren't.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! That last part made me snort.

    I've never made cinnamon toast like that. It sounds good. And I've never even heard of coconut toast! Gonna have to try that ...

    ReplyDelete