Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hola!

Hola, Como esta usted?


A Mexican lady from our church is teaching Kali and I Spanish, so far it is going well...I think. :) Even though on our first "lesson" there was much laughter about a Spanish phrase I wrote down. "The kids are underneath the head." Whoops! I totally meant to say table. Oh well...


I have Spanish words and phrases swirling around in my head today.

Cabesa- Head
Naris- Nose
Ojos- Eyes
Boca- Mouth
Mano- Hand
Buenos Dias- Good Morning
Que tenga un buen dia- Have a good day


In between our Spanish lessons, we have been doing Mango Languages.


This is definitely way, way better than Rosetta Stone. I took two years of Spanish through Rosetta Stone in high school. Yeeeah, didn't get me very far. To me, what makes Mango Languages so much better is that they give you the English translation of what you are saying. It is so much easier to be able to determine how to say things. With Rosetta stone, all they would give you is pictures, not the word-for-word translation.

The reason for this great interest in learning Spanish is that we have a high, HIGH population of Spanish-speaking people in our area. When we go on outreach for church it would be nice to be able to talk with people easily who don't speak English.

I know with God's help, a lot of hard work, and dedication we can do this! I will keep ya'll posted on our progress :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment