Thursday, June 28, 2012

We are now 'unofficially' famous


We made the front page of our local newspaper with the VBS last week


{I am the one wildly raising my hands on the right of the bottom picture. The girls won the penny offering, so I was very happy I didn't have to eat baby food!}

Here is the write-up with the pictures...because I know you are dying to read it :)


~"Sgt. Punk" is booed by attendees of last week's Vacation Bible School at the New Testament Baptist Church in Brewster. Sgt. Punk and sidekick Pvt. Sassy {that's me!}, portrayed by Cody Humborg and Maggie Waldron, respectively, were thoroughly admonished Wednesday for their un-Christianlike behavior by church Pastor Corey Higdon and his helper, Capt. Braveheart, played by Kali Waldron. Their lesson came from Corinthians: "Evil communications corrupt good manners." The volunteers joined Higdon in teaching children values aligning with the theme of the evening school, "A Good Soldier."~


~Higdon, center stage, announces the girls as the winner of Wednesday night's penny offering. A volunteer each from the boys' group and the girls' group were selected to represent the kids. The loser had to eat a heaping spoonful of sweet potato and zucchini baby food, which carried a highly entertaining gross-out factor for the kids. The evening wrapped with a sermon by Higdon, inspired from the book of Timothy, about encouraging others through one's own pain, patience and steadfastness. The children adjourned afterward for popsicles.~


Please, please, no autographs are necessary.

Now, in our small little town I'm probably going to have to wear sunglasses everywhere I go. That way I don't get mobbed by the crowds...

No comments:

Post a Comment