Tuesday, July 3, 2012

31 days and counting


Only 31 short days and my brother is marrying his love.


When your growing up you can only imagine what it will be like.

Will I cry?

Will I like my future sis?

Will I be shouting for joy?

Now, putting those long ago dreams into a reality, I can't tell you how I will be the week in AZ leading up to the wedding. Happy, tearful, joyous, sad.....?

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love my soon-to-be sis!! She is already being a wonderful and Christ-like  help meet to Josh and I am so very thankful for her. Through their relationship, especially throughout their engagement, God has so clearly drawn them closer to Him as a couple, preparing them for their future together. It has been so special to see first-hand. 
......................................................................................................

On the other hand.....

Wasn't it just yesterday we were squishing in Mrs. B's car to catch a ride to school?

Wasn't it just yesterday we were playing outside in the woods?

Wasn't it just yesterday we were getting on each others nerves?

Wasn't it just yesterday you were sitting in my room and we were chatting as old friends?

Wasn't it just yesterday we were fishing by the lake and I hooked you with my fishingpole?

Wasn't it just yesterday all us kids were trying to squish in our little bathroom to get ready for church?

Wasn't it yesterday??

How is it that my big brother is getting married in a month?

Even though it seems like yesterday that we were doing all those things, its also becoming more and more of a reality of the man he is today.


God has been preparing and shaping Josh to be a Godly spiritual leader of a home, provider, etc....

I am so blessed to have this man as my brother.
...................................................................................................

As I walk down the isle on August 3, I will see my brother standing there waiting to greet his bride.

Even as I think about it, I can't even anticipate what my emotions will be.

Yet, I DO know partly what I will be feeling.

JOY and PEACE

 That God has brought two precious people together who earnestly desire to honor and glorify God in their marriage.  

A couple who seeks to trust and rely upon their Heavenly Father in every trial and circumstance that comes their way.

For this, I am one thankful and blessed sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment