Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I remember


11 years ago today, my mom woke me up, with tears in her eyes, telling me about a plane crashing into a twin tower. Moments later, the second tower was hit, as well as several other places in the U.S. These two U.S. landmarks alone, held thousands of people. Many, many people who went to work like a normal day, not knowing they would pass away only hours later. 


At the time, I really didn't realize what was going on. As I grew older, especially as I see images from that fateful day, my heart breaks. I've seen pictures of people jumping off the building, just to try and have a chance at life. People being carried away dead, because they risked their lives trying to save others. It was all thoughts of self aside and all thoughts towards helping others.

{Here is a dad mourning the loss of his son that died that day. How does this not break your heart?}

Not only did thousands went go into eternity on that one day, but the past 11 years thousands of men and women have died to protect our freedom we so love. Thank you, men and women for your selfless sacrifices.
More importantly, how many people have passed from this life, in the past 11 years, that have not accepted Christ? People who maybe have rejected Him or not even known about the saving grace He offers. This is a sobering thought.


I remember. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment