Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013



I love new beginnings. A new year means a new start and a fresh outlook on your life.

We spent New Year's Eve at church {watch night service} and had a wonderful time with friends and family. We worshipped God in songs and testimonies, heard from His Word, played games, prayed in the new year,  and {of course} when your Baptist you can't have a fellowship without lots of yummy food!

My dad and Bro. Cody each brought forth a mini-message that God had laid on their hearts. A great reminder to look back at this past year, recognize how you might have failed Christ or made mistakes, taking this fresh start to correct them {knowing that God will be with us, each step of the way}. A sort of 'rebooting' those areas of your life that need to be corrected. Also, looking forward to seeing what God will do in this next year. Great, great messages.

One of the songs that was sung last night was 'As the Deer'. This song was more popular was I was a kid, but the lyrics are so powerful. I am making this my 'song' for the new year. As a sort of resolution and reminder to keep God my #1 and my most precious treasure. There will be trials and joys {no doubt} with this new year, but no matter what I want people see Jesus through me in those rough and happy times.

As the deer panteth for the water
So my soul longeth after Thee
You alone are my hearts desire
And I long to worship Thee

Chorus:
You alone are my strength my shield
To You alone may my spirit yield
You alone are my hearts desire
And I long to worship thee

You're my friend and You are my Brother,
Even though You are a King.
I love You more than any other,
So much more than anything.

I want You more than gold or silver,
Only You can satisfy.
You alone are the real joy Giver,
And the apple of my eye.

"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."
Psalms 42:1

Happy New Year!


1 comment: