Thursday, January 24, 2013

One nanny--two babies


I'm outnumbered.

Today, my dear family has gone off to the city to drop off a friend at the airport, who was visiting us this week.

At the house, with Julian(my boy) and Lizzie (little girl Kali usually cares for), both born within two months of each other and on the verge of the big 2. I am beginning to see a small, little glimpse of what it might be like with twins.
The first part of our day when a little something like this:

--I go to put a load in the laundry...Julian decides its a good time to throw orange pieces all over the floor.
--Charlie (dog) barks and acts crazy outside waiting for me to respond....I tell dog not to act like he owns me. Dog goes in kennel.
--Lizzie arrives....poopy.
--First thing Lizzie says is "Where's Kayyayy??" (Kali)....uh oh. (Not much you can do for a baby who wants someone else, who is not here.)
--Find Julian on Lizzie in a choke hold.
--During play time, Lizzie continues to ask and call out for 'Kayyayy'...to which I respond, 'she is at the airport.'
--Lizzie then starts working herself up to crying and calling out for 'Kayyayy'.....then I want to cry for 'Kayyayy' too.
--Lunch time....alternating feeding kids. Oh wait, I need to eat too?!
--Try to occupy the kids by practicing their piano skills.
--Several giggly rounds of 'I'm gonna get you!!'
--Nap time...Lizzie is now crying because its time to sleep....I've never quite heard that rendition of 'Jesus loves me' sang before by a crying baby.
Even through crazy/funny days as a nanny, I wouldn't trade these precious kids for anything.
They are the best.

1 comment: