Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Rejoicing in the impossible


First off, Kali and I had a wonderful time in Idaho!! I don't think I've laughed so hard, in a long time. BUT more on our trip later...

The same day Kali and I drove back from Idaho, we had the Lord answer one of those 'seemingly' impossible situations.

You know, it's that moment where you are so amazed at the Lord's goodness but so surprised at the same time that God made what seemed impossible, the possible. It really shouldn't have surprised me as much as it did, since I serve an already AMAZING God, but it did.

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

In my mind, this seemed like one of those 'impossible' situations, but God saw it as possible. Honestly, at this point I had accepted this situation as something God wanted in my life, it was hard, but I had finally accepted it as His infinite plan for my life.

It was so cool the way the Lord worked it out too. Just the night before we had been talking with a friend and the friend was encouraging us in this exact, same situation.

As I was thinking about it, I am truly thankful God waited so long to make this 'impossible' possible. Maybe if He solved it sooner, I wouldn't have learned and grown so much in the Lord, through this trial.  Another amazing reminder that my ways are not the ways of my wonderful Saviour.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD." Isaiah 55:8

Here's the clincher, even if God didn't solve this situation in the wonderful and miraculous way that He did, He still is amazing. God knows exactly what we need in our lives and what He needs to put us through to make us stronger in the Lord. Even though that 'refining' might hurt and not be the most pleasant thing to go through, God has a purpose and His way is always best!

So, if you have some situation in your life that is seemingly 'impossible' just remember that God solves the 'impossible' every day. It might not be in your timeline of how things should go, but God has a greater and far superior timeline that makes it that much sweeter when He does solve it!

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us." Ephesians 3:20

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Isn't God wonderful! Encouraging post, especially the last paragraph. Thanks! :)
    Can't wait to hear about your trip!
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggie, that's a great post!! I've been praying about some of those 'impossible' situations, so this post was just what I needed!
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord! I'm so glad that I was able to be an encouragement to you, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just what I NEEDED to hear. Glory to God! :) Thanks for letting Him use you Maggie! ~Krista :)

    ReplyDelete