Monday, April 26, 2010

Preparations and Good Food

We have been so busy trying to clean the house and starting to pack some things away. Last week was the final week to do A LOT of cleaning. Probably anything you can think of to clean, we cleaned it, more like scrubbed it! It was a lot of work, but I'm glad that its done and now we just have to keep it up until the house sells. The realtor came out on Thursday to look at the house, it went really well! She thought everything looked great! The only thing she wanted us to work on was to get our closets cleaned out, to give the "illusion" that we have so much space that we dont even use all of it. I finished cleaning out my closet tonight and man oh man, it looks SO bare! It hardly looks like anyone is living in it, except for the clothes in the closet and a couple things in there. Its really starting to become more and more cemented in my mind that we are moving. The more we do things to get ready the harder it gets. This week our house will be put up on the market, happy or sad occasion? I couldn't really tell you, mixed emotions with that one. I know that a house is just a house, but I have lived in this house for 14 years and there are sooo many good memories, most of my years growing up have been in this house, its just going to be really hard to part with it. I'm sure that you all know what I am talking about if you have moved before and parted with a house that you have lived in for a long period of time. Mixed emotions is really all I can say about that.

On a lighter note, on Saturday Kali and I made dinner and dessert,  it was delicious if I do say so myself!! We did an Asian theme with Mongolian Beef w/ rice, Sausage Dumplings, and Lettuce wraps! It was very delicious, lots of work but it was well worth it! We also made Brownies with Nutella as the frosting, YUMMY! If you like Nutella you should try it! Its delicious!

So I can't end a post without some pictures, so here are the pictures of Saturday's meal!
                                       
                                                                 Before:

After it was attacked:


1 comment: