Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rejoice in the Lord

I was going through some music tonight and I found this song. I thought it was very appropriate for what is going on in my life right now and offers some encouragement! (Read previous post if you are confused) Here are the lyrics:

Verse 1
God never moves without purpose or plan
When trying His servant and molding a man
Give thanks to the Lord though your testing seems long;
In darkness He giveth a song

Chorus
O rejoice in the Lord
He makes no mistake
He knoweth the end of each path that I take
For when I am tried and purified
I shall come forth as gold

Verse 2
I could not see through the shadows ahead
So I looked at the cross of my Saviour instead
I bowed to the Will of the Master that day,
Then peace came and tears fled away

Verse 3
Now I can see testing comes from above,
God strengthens His children and purges in love
My Father knows best, and I trust in His care
Through purging more fruit I will bear

3 comments:

  1. Wow! How true that applies to these days. I think it's great that the Lord gives us little boosts like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister! It really becomes personal when you step out by faith, huh? Praying for your family...

    ReplyDelete