Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Alyssa!!!!

Today is one of my very good friends birthday, Alyssa! She is finally in the 20's hehe! Well, in the very beginning of it, but hey, its the 20's!

Alyssa and I go way back, when we were younger, probably before age 10. They were in the military, so they were stationed here for a few years. I dont really remember her at that time though, I think it was more one of those people that you "know" about but you weren't the best of friends with. So, a couple years later they got stationed somewhere else and moved away. They were gone for several years and other than a few letters back and forth, here and there, we really didnt stay in touch. Just back in 2007 they were stationed back here! When she first got here I thought she was very shy. (When talking about this years later, she thought that she was more outgoing than she had been in years past starting at new churches...lol) At the time, I was working at a shop that a family in the church owned, which I was friends with their daughter, Linnea. Alyssa was given the opportunity to start working at the same shop in '08, and to be honest I was unsure of that, I wasn't sure if she was going to "steal" Linnea away from me. Now, thinking back it sounds silly, but I'm just being honest! :o) Without going into all the looonnngg details and how it all came about. Through that time we all were able to grow closer together as good friends. We have been able to "share" each other between three people insead of two! The Lord has really blessed us so much by giving us this friendship and I am so blessed and honored by it. God is so good! We have had SO many good times over the years and I look forward to the MANY years ahead of us. Even though the miles may separate us, we will always be close and stay in touch. I plan on calling them when I have my first great-grandchild! haha...ok thats a little ways off but just so you guys can get a glimpse of how long we will stay friends!! Love you lots Alyssa and have a wonderful birthday!!












No comments:

Post a Comment