Monday, February 8, 2010

Overview.....

I have been informed by one of my friends that I havnt done a post in a couple days and I need to do one! lol (You know who you are!) So, this post is especially for you! Enjoy!

This past weekend was a good, but busy one! On Friday night after work, I went to babysit a little girl who attends the school I work at. She is usually pretty easy, but for some reason she is getting quite, (how do you say this nicely?) fiesty! Not quite a joy to be around when she is in a rotten mood! Most of the evening went well, but towards bed time she just went hysterical! One of those times where you just try and hurry up and put the child to bed! There was no way I was able to calm her down and after I laid her down to sleep, she cried for a couple of minutes then was out! Praise the Lord! That is not fun...and of course I cant punish her like I would my child, so I just had to try and coupe the best I could. All in all, it worked out!

Then on Saturday, I went out to a friends house to celebrate her moms birthday! (They have a gift shop, holly tree farm, and lots of gardens! I used to work there before I had my current job, so we have definitely gotten closer over the years!) We had a fun time of fellowship and eating delicious cake that another one of my friends made!  Then later, Nicki and I went to Mt. V to get some things for the Sweethearts Banquet and of course we had to do a little shopping while we were there! I found some great undershirts that go up quite high, such a blessing to find things that are modest! We had a great time together and enjoyed spending some "one on one" time, we dont get too much of that anymore!
Our church had a guest preacher come out for the Men's Conference this past weekend. He was able to stay with us on Sunday and it was a blessing! Sunday morning he preached a message about how we are all fools. Yet, who's fool are you? You are either Satan's fool or God's fool. Wow! What a great thing to think about and so true! Thanks for taking the time to stay on sunday, it was a blessing!  Later after church that evening, the ladies of my household went over to a friends house to finish watching the new "Emma" on Pbs! It was so good!! I definitely recommend it to people who like Jane Austin movies!

This week is quite a busy one, so you probably will not hear from me until the later half of the week. Tonight we had Ladies Bible Fellowship, which was really good! Our pastor's wife talked about mercy, something we all need to have and display in our lives. Something, I think, we all need to work on! For the rest of the week, we have Bible Institute every week night except Wednesday of course! The topic is the Doctrine of Salvation, it will be very interesting to learn more about it in depth!

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Your friend sounds like she's a little bossy. *wink*

    It was a blessing to be able to hear Bro. Curtman preach again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Kali. His evening message said was exactly what I had been feeling about school and trying to explain to people. God said it so much better than I ever could. I'm thankful that God allows for U-turns:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo Emma WAS so good wasn't it? *sigh I just love it. See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete