Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Anniversary, to me!

Today marks the one year anniversary for working at my current job!!! Wow, it seems like I just started, but at the same time I've been working there forever! Hmm...how can I some up the past year? Here are a few words.....fun, frustrating, loving, funny, tiring, upsetting, joyful, puzzling, and wonderful. All these words describe how I have felt in the past year, about the children I work with. I would like to share some memories with you all, to show you what I am around all day!

  • When I first started working there, there was a group of children surrounding me asking me to help them zip up their coats. Which proceded into a "competition" of who could give me the best compliments. LOL. It started with, "I like your hair", "I like your shirt", then even proceded to "I like the button on your shirt", lol, the things they come up with!! That cracked me up and to this day I get a kick out of it! I love those kids....
  • One little boy 4 years old, is set on marrying me, he will say, "I want to marry you", which I will tell him that teachers dont marry their students, but that doesnt really work very well....
  • I have ruined two shirts with bleach doing the laundry there....
  • Multiple snot and saliva smears on my clothing..yeah...not pretty...
  • A couple of little 2 years olds refer to me as "my maggie", how precious!
  • The love you feel for them when they come rushing at you when you come through the door yelling, "MAGGIE!!!!"
  • I have had kids ask me if I was married, that I should get married and even asked me if I was pregnant! Good grief....do I look it?! jk...dont answer that...
  • I have had many, many rocks, flowers, coloring pages, given to me....so sweet....
  • Learning many different fun songs....like Toney Chestnut (Toe-Knee-Chest-Nut) if I live near you, ask me and I will do it for you, if you are interested...such a fun song!! hehe
  • I will not go into too many details, but when you change a poopy diaper that is way past the diaper....lets just say I would have rather stuck that boy in a bath if I could have....no fun....
  • When you do some movements like sitting down a certain way or crossing your arms...to look down and see a little shadow of you.......
  • When they give you a huge hug for nothing.....telling you they love you...that alone just melts my heart...
There are so many other stories I could share, but I fear it would be a dreafully long post, much more than it already is! So, if I think of more that I feel are worth mentioning, I will do a little post about them. I know there is SOO much more that I cant even think of...

I praise and thank the Lord that He so openly provided this great job for me....God truly knows what He is doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment