Monday, March 29, 2010

Tired or not Tired?!

Do you ever have those nights where you are up and you feel a little tired maybe, but dont really feel like going to bed?! Well tonight is one of those nights, so now I'm going to blog a little to take up some time and hopefully by the end of this I will be feeling a little more sleepy and ready to head to bed...haha..hopefully!

Tuesday, my family met me at work after I got off and we went to the City Council meeting. Most of you probably dont know this but an individual in our city is trying to set up an "adult" club. (I will not go into all of the details of it but I will let you know that it is completely vile and wrong.) So, my family and some other people from our church went out to the meeting, some of our people took the opportunity to get up and talk about why they think its wrong and that they dont agree with it whatsoever. (My dad even made it on the news!) The messed up part is the fact that even though the mayor and pretty much all the council members dont want this club going in, if we dont allow it to come into our town, the town will be sued. That is just a sign of how horrible the laws and things like that are now. Why is it impossible to keep something as horrible as this to come into our sweet, innocent little town without getting sued for it?! Its pretty messed up if you ask me! So, it was a pretty cool learning experience as far as that goes, I have never been to a City Council Meeting and it was actually pretty enlightening! Although for a little while they were talking about the fact of whether or not to repo. a boat....booorrrrriiiinnnnggggg......they spend so much time talking on this subject that you just had to laugh when they made a comment that would further prolong the process. Then you have the issues of other council members not agreeing that you should repo. this boat and bla bla bla bla bla.....but I guess you have to go through the boring stuff to get to the interesting stuff!

My question is, Why do we call it an "adult" club or store? I know that only adults are allowed in it, obviously. Yet, you have to wonder why it is ok for adults to view questionable material and things like that if its not ok for the kids. I know that this is from the world's point of view, but seriously, if its not ok for the kids, why should it be ok for our eyes? Sad........

Well, I am feeling more tired now, so I will probably head to bed, so thank you for listening and helping me feel more sleepy! Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment