Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Can it be this easy?

Starting a new job your really not sure what to expect. One of the things thats really hard at first is getting to know new people and forming relationships with them. You kinda have to 'feel' each other out for a little while. The place I work for only has 2 other employees, besides me, working there. So its a pretty small business, although we have mutiple business locations in different states. Anyways, my co-worker Sarah has been asking me many questions the past few days about my "religion". (I really don't like to refer to it as my "religion", because its really not about 'religion' its about the relationship we can have with our Creator.) She was baptized Catholic but really has no idea what Catholics believe, a lot of the time I was informing her what they believe! She asked what salvation was (I kept refering to it), what I believe will happen when we die, questions like that. You have to just marvel at God bringing along this opportunity, you DO NOT get many people truly seeking like this and sincerely asking so many questions very often. She was under the impression that once she is baptized Catholic that you can't change religion's after that, which I explained to her was not the case. (I guess her sister wasn't baptized as a baby and was given the 'choice' of her religion and she was wishing she would have been able to choose.) She has asked lots of questions and I am trying to explain my beliefs to the best of my ability. I would really appreciate everyone's prayers for Sarah. She has a husband and three small kids as well, I am really anxious to see what God's going to do in their lives. Could this be the reason that God allowed me to get this job? If so, I am thankful that God is allowing me to tell her about Him and inform her that we don't have to go through a priest to talk to our Heavenly Father! Please pray that God would give me the words to say, be able to explain things to her, and even know when it is the right time to propose coming to church or even starting Bible Studies....thanks so much for the prayers! She seems sincerely interested in what I am telling her about my beliefs. The Lord is truly working in her heart and life!

4 comments:

  1. It really is amazing how the Lord puts people in our paths for us to reach out to. I'll be praying for Sarah AND for you as you share the faith with her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord for such an opportunity! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes it really can be that easy. that was what it was like for me when brian was talking to me about salvation. keep it up, faint not sweet sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a huge blessing! Praying it goes well.

    ReplyDelete