Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving At Home

Since we are farther away from my Grandma W (we get together with my dad's side of the family every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas), we had Thanksgiving at our house, a first for our family! It was great! We had the Majors over, Josh drove over AND my Grandma and Step Grandpa B came!

Thanksgiving morning started out wonderfully, Grandma B made biscuits and gravy!!! Mmmmm....so thankful for southern roots! Please tell me someone out there has had Chocolate Gravy?! Everyone I mention it to they scruntch up their nose...but its soo good! Or maybe you just have to grow up with it to truly enjoy it ;o)


 It was a great time of fellowship and LOTS of food! Lets see, what was on the menu......Turkey, Ham, 2 kinds of sweet potatoes (one with PB and one without), green bean casserole, cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes/gravy, rolls, cranberry sauce, deviled eggs, black olives and fruit salad! Whew! We all got PLENTY to eat! I think some of us needed to roll out of the room, but we all made it out! After dinner we relaxed and played on the Majors Wii. (I don't know if those two things can rightfully go in the same sentence....) It was a lot of fun, I was beating Josh and Chris at tennis which is always nice. :o)

After we got our appetites back up, ready for some dessert, we dove in! Lets see, dessert involved.....Pumpkin Cheesecake, Sour Cream Coconut Cake, 2 Pumpkin Pies, 2 Coconut Cream Pies, and Banana Pudding! Did I tell you we had A LOT of food/dessert?! We could have ate an entire meal out of all the dessert alone! After dessert we enjoyed a game of dice, 10,000 to be exact and it was very fun! Even though I did HORRIBLY! The fellowship with family and friends was so good that it was ok I was doing so awful. :o)

                                            All five together again!!!

Lilly's face is soo funny....

"The Adults Table"

"The Kids Table", for old times sake :o)

Lilly just turned 6!

We showed Olivia how to put olives on her finger....my Aunt taught me as a kid, so passing on the torch :o)

Brother and Sister <3

2 comments:

  1. I've never had chocolate pudding before! Sounds...interesting...but I would be game to try it. :) Who doesn't love chocolate??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved getting to see pictures of all your family together!

    ReplyDelete