Monday, May 23, 2011

Juarez Outreach

Josh left on Saturday to go and spread the Gospel to the people of Juarez, Mexico, along with a bunch of other men from like-minded churches. You can google Juarez and find all sorts of stuff all about what goes on in that city. Its a dangerous place but they need the Gospel just as much as people here do. You can check out more about the outreach here: Juarez Outreach. I would be lying if I told you I am not even a little scared for the safety of the men going there. Yet, I know that God will protect them because He has called these men to go. My mom received a phone call this morning from Josh, he said he was doing great so far. He said all of the men are in unison, which is SO important, especially under these circumstances. The group of men are staying in El Paso, TX, then travelling to Juarez every day up until Friday. I ask that you join your hearts with ours and the MANY people who are praying for these men this week, please pray. Lives to be changed, souls to come to know Christ, safety for the men involved, and for the men sharing the Gospel that it would be a life changing experience for them. I know most of the people reading my blog are Baptists of like-minded faith, I'm sure God will impress on your hearts just exactly what to pray for. Josh has already said since he has been there that this is what he has needed, a blessing already! Thank you SO much for the prayers!

I will leave you with this picture taken before Josh left......


Gauge has been sleeping in my room and will be until Josh comes back home on Saturday. Josh has commissioned me to take care of Gauge while he is gone, for some odd reason I don't think he is going to be as spoiled with me as with Josh :) I do have to add that he is "up and down", "up and down", "whine", "up and down", "up and down", "whine", at night.....ahhh.....will I get any sleep?!!?!! He does settle down after a while, but this morning I had a lovely (little after) 5 am wake up call.....maybe the Lord is starting to prepare me for children, in the far future of course :)

2 comments:

  1. Prayed for him and the group earlier today. I tried to leave a comment and Blogger wouldn't let me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My plane came in after Josh from Portland Or. and I was met by him and Pastor Serrano. Had a great time and hope to visit the Church in Washington some time. It was a blessing to be with a group of Christians that are sold out for the cause of Christ! The Lord has increased my burden for Mexico and am looking forward to my trip in July to Nogales. Dios te bendiga.......Fred

    ReplyDelete