Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Are you the right kind of woman?

God has really been working on my heart recently about this topic.

When single women get together, sometimes we will discuss what we desire in a future husband. A man of God, strong in his faith and beliefs, good provider, a courageous man willing to stand up for what is right....ect...

The Lord began to work in my life about me. Am I the right kind of woman?  

I pray for my future husband, that the Lord will work in his life spiritually and help him to be the man I need him to be. That the Lord will bring us together in His timing.


Side Note--There is no reason we can't pray for our future husband's, even if we do not know them yet. Actually, it will make it all that much sweeter, knowing that you have prayed for this man for years.


I recently finished a book entitled, "For Women Only".....




I have read this book before, several years ago. I wanted to read this again, as a single adult waiting for God to bring the right man into my life. Sincerely desiring to gain something from this book, to use and apply it to my life now.

Even though I am single, I still have men in my life that I can apply this to. Even so much more, to already have a understanding what I need to be, as a wife, when God does bring the right man along.

I have gained so much from this book.

I had developed such a greater understanding of men, their thought process, and what they need in a relationship. One of the chapters was about respect, how MUCH he needs to feel respected from his wife. Even little things that we may do, to us doesn't seem like we are 'disrespecting' him, but to him it is very disrespectful. It has opened my eyes so much to things and made me reconsider how I respond and talk to the men in my life.

I would HIGHLY, highly recommend this book to any woman, single or married.

I want to be ready when God brings the man into my life. I don't want to make our relationship strained because I don't know how to respect him or make him feel appreciated.

This thought has really gotten me motivated to learn these things now, before I am married, so I can be a better, Godly help meet to my husband. Prayerfully, making our marriage go that much smoother, especially in the beginning stages.

Without going into the entire book, oh and believe me, I could go on and on! I will just encourage you to read the book yourself, if truly desiring to change your thinking, I believe the Lord will open your eyes about men. Prayerfully, not only just hearing and reading more about it, but changing the way we act and think.

This book has been a tremendous blessing to me and I hope it will be to you, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment