Thursday, March 8, 2012

Granola

Just as promised, I want to share with you all the delicious granola recipe I have found!

Earlier this week, I was thinking how delicious granola on yogurt sounded. Mmm! So, on pinterest I went to find a good recipe.

Side note: Pinterest is a great place to go for crafting ideas, recipes, and everything in between!

There was one recipe I based my granola off of, yet I kinda tweaked it a little to our tastes. :)


For my first batch, I did 1/2 c. of maple syrup (no honey) and added cinnamon to the mix. Also, for both the batches, I used sliced almonds instead of pecans. It turned out wonderfully and got rave reviews from the fam. The only thing I would do next time is add some more maple syrup (maybe 1 c. instead of 1/2) to make more of those delicious clusters! The maple and cinnamon give it a very warm and yummy taste, plain or on top of yogurt, this is delicious!



The second batch I did today was a little different from the basic recipe, but generally the same idea. I added craisins to the mix this time and added more sticky liquid for more clusters! Tasty!



Honey Craisin Granola

2 c. oats
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. syrup
1 c. coconut
3 T. cooking oil
1 t. vanilla
3/4 c sliced almonds
1 c. craisins

Mix all the ingredients, except the craisins. Pour it into a baking sheet at cook on 300* for 27 minutes. Cool for a little bit, then toss in the craisins!

*Tip*--To keep from any of the granola from browning, its a good idea to stir the mixture half-way in the baking process.


For the craisin granola I did a half batch (above recipe is the half batch) and this is what I got...


Just so you know how much it makes ;)

Let me know if you all try it! My family and I are lovin' the granola on yogurt, in the mornings for breakfast. Healthy and delicious!


P.S. I have changed a few things on my blog, switching things up a bit. Adding, subtracting, and altering....whatcha think?

1 comment:

  1. The blog looks good. :)

    I've got to make my own granola sometime!

    ReplyDelete