Thursday, May 31, 2012

10 years ago

Ten years ago today, I was riding on all sorts of rides at Silverwood Theme Park in Idaho. Little did I know what the evening held....

At the age of ten, I just-so-happened to get the privelege of going with the teen group, from our church, to a big youth activity. Of course, being a ten year old, I was super excited about all those rides and adventures I was going to go on!

Yet, God had even *bigger* plans for my day, than just riding a roller-coaster.

I did have a great time. I rode a roller-coaster for the first time, which was pretty thrilling for me. 

In the evening, there was a big auditorium that we all piled into to hear some preaching. I'm sure we sang songs and did other stuff too, but I really can't remember. 

 What I do remember is the invitation, beckoning lost young people to come to Christ.

Again, I don't even recall exactly what the preacher was saying, but I do remember that sense of knowing I needed to accept Christ.

That strong conviction while you sit in your seat...

I finally gave in

My mom came with us, so I grabbed her and went down to the make-shift altar.

That night, I called upon the Lord and He saved me!!

~Romans 10:9, 13~

verse 9-- "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
  
verse 13-- "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

I am so thankful that no matter my feelings, emotions, or what I do, God will never take that away from me!

I am His, and He is mine!

Today is a day to rejoice and celebrate, for my "new life" God gave me just ten years ago!!

~2 Corinthians 5:17~

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."


1 comment: