Thursday, May 10, 2012

What's for Dinner

I am recently a meatloaf convert.

Before I was converted, when someone would mentioned meatloaf for dinner the first word to come to my mind.

Blah.

Who would want to have ground beef all squished up with some other mystery ingredients, then shoved into a pan? That was where brownies, cakes, and other delicious things were to be baked in, not meatloaf. (ick)It was not my idea of a delicious dinner.

A couple months ago, we tried a new meatloaf recipe.

Yippee!! *spoken very sarcastically*

That probably would have been my reply.

Before I was converted.

The said recipe was for 'mini meatloaf', big deal, they are mini. It's still the eary meatloaf.

Even then, I gave them a shot




Wowzers

No really

WOWZERS

You know that feeling you get when you taste something truly delicious? A contended sigh, humming.....whatever it is for you. Well, I had it.

Some may say its like butter sliding down hot toast. Well, that's besides the point.

This has quickly become one of my favorite meals. Mini meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and fresh green beans! Mmm Hmm

[Have I ever mentioned how much I love, LOVE fresh green beans?! That is a whole 'nother post for another day.]

Since I am the primary cooker (chef, maker-of-dinners??) for the family, I like to squeeze this into the menu at least once a month or so. Oh and believe me, no one, I mean, NO ONE complains when they see it on the table for dinner.

Tonight, no joke, everyone came into the kitchen before dinner was ready, because of the sheer deliciousness of the smell of those little delights.

Umkay

I won't make you wait any longer.

I can see you sitting at the computer/laptop/phone, drool slowly dripping from your mouth.


The.best.ever mini meatloaf


1 egg
1/2 c milk
1 c cheese
1/2 c oats
1/2 t dried oregano
1/2 t onion powder
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 t salt
1 lb ground beef
ketchup, mustard, white sugar


Preheat your oven to 350 and lightly grease your muffin pan

Combine all the ingredients, except for the ketchup, mustard, and white sugar. I kinda cheat on this part, usually the method for meatloaf is that you mix it with your hands and all that jazz. I use the kitchenaide,
so.much.easier.

Divide your meat mixture into the muffin pan. Then mix together a heap of ketchup, a tad of mustard, and a spoon of sugar. There is really no perfect way to do this part, so do not worry you will ruin it. Divide your ketchup mixture on top of the mini's evenly.

Bake for about 25-30 minutes, then enjoy!!



If you are as unsure of meatloaf as I was, or even are wanting to try a new recipe, you have got to give it a try!

I dare you to be a meatloaf convert.

1 comment:

  1. Well ... I like meatloaf anyway, but those sound delish and I'm sure my girls would be tickled to have mini-meatloaves to eat! I'll definitely have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete