Friday, May 18, 2012

Green Breakfast Smoothie

Alright my peeps

I have another awesome, fantastic, delicious, and GREEN recipe for ya'll.

I don't know about you but we have been having some awesome, sun-shiny days in May! 

Summer is right around the corner and the sun is finally starting to peek its way through all those WA clouds. Producing, gorgeous 70-80 + weather!

In the summer, I am all about smoothies, popsicles, ice cream, and fruit. I could probably live off of those foods in the summer. My body would say otherwise.

A little while back my friend Rebecca blogged about a delicious, green smoothie that she absolutely loved! From knowing her, I knew our taste buds linked closely together in our love of food.

Plus, I already had a deep, in dwelling love for this drink



With the warm weather, it seemed like the perfect time to make this homemade version.

This is what we start with


1 c. cranberry juice

1/2 c frozen peaches (fresh is good too)

1 apple

1 banana

1/2 c vanilla yogurt

1 c spinach

1 c kale

1 spoonful of orange juice concentrate


Blend all these ingredients together and its as easy as that!

I'm telling you, if you can stand to wait a little, pop it into the fridge to get it chilled before consuming. It is so much better cold.

It makes a super breakfast, filled with fruit and vegetables or as a mid-afternoon pick-me-up!

Oh and one more thing

Please, oh puh-lease

For the love of all things smoothie, drink it with a straw.

Why?

Because everything tastes better with a straw  :)

1 comment:

  1. Cracks me up that you said that our taste buds are linked...hahaha!!

    It is a delicious smoothie, for sure!

    ReplyDelete