Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Do you remember me?!?!

Hello hello? Is anyone there?! It's been a while since I last posted, have I lost all my readers? Well, if you remember me, I am here to post about my trip to Washington D.C.!

LTIA was great!!! (It was June 19th through the 26th.)  I had so much fun meeting new people, hearing some great teaching and getting to see in person all those awesome monuments that I had only seen in pictures!

Instead of going through each day and what I did that day, I will just give you a brief overview of what happened and what I learned.

We were able to get some great teaching on what a world view was. We went over some things you would talk to atheists about and how to steer them towards the fact that there is a God and eventually leading up to the Gospel!  I was really cool to learn more about that as well as how to get politically involved in our communities and our nation. We were able to see a lot of speakers ranging from Congressmen to the Ambassador of Macedonia!! Each of them had great things to say and were very helpful! I learned so many great things from the Conference! I want to become more politically active in my "new" community, by going to the city council meetings!  It is also really neat to see how much one person can make a difference! Another thing I want to do is to get more informed about who we are voting for and things that are going on around our communities and our nation. An informed person can be more help than in uninformed person! :o)

I had a great time meeting some Christian young people and gaining some new friends! We had a great time of fellowship and we were all really able to become close throughout the week! Seeing the monuments was a great experience as well! We were able to take a night tour on Sunday night, that was awesome!  Of course, on Friday night (our last night) we had to make a trip to Barnes and Noble! ;o) That was lots of fun, sitting around the fountain outside talking and singing songs from "Cinderella"....haha...good memories!

All in all, it was a GREAT trip and I learned so much from it! I am soooo glad I went and I know that I mentioned that I was nervous about all the things I had to do for it, but it really wasn't bad at all!

            
In the middle of our journey over there, sporting our glasses :o)

Carolyn and I waiting for the metro...

Thomas Jefferson Memorial

Pondering......



             Just taking a break.........




Nicki and I

Abraham Lincoln Memorial

I couldn't sit in his lap, so the least I could do was to hold his hand.... ;o)
The group of girls from our church

We toured the Capitol on one of the nights, it was awesome!

Kali and I

Alyssa and I inside the Capital, taking one of our many self potraits throughout the week!

Heading back home in our matching Washington D.C. t-shirts!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Maggie,
    So glad you posted. I loved LTIA too!!! Especially meeting y'all. It was so refreshing. So many good memories. I'm loving looking at my pictures over and over again, and looking at the videos on YouTube. I know I haven't emailed you yet, but I'm just about too. I'll write more in my letter. :-)

    Janell

    ReplyDelete