Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Moving and Boot Camp :o)

So I'm sure you all are wondering how the move went. It went really well! Ok, now that we have covered that moving on.....lol....just kidding! We started out on Tuesday the 29th of June, had a eight car caravan (consisting of 2 u-haul trucks, 2 trucks {one with a trailer hitched to the back}, 2 SUV's, 1 suburban, and 1 mini-van)! Take into consideration also that there was the Majors family moving with us! So after 4 hours, 2 stops and 4 cds later we arrived! I drove my car by myself, so it was a pretty boring ride, the cd's helped though! We stayed at the Majors rental that night then cruised on over to our new house about 45 minutes away Wednesday morning. Its so nice! Almost twice the size of our other one, if you can believe it! I will post pictures later when we get more settled in and things up on the walls! To make a long story short, we have been unpacking, cleaning, painting, and organizing for the past 2 weeks. Long process but I think we finally see the end in sight! Next week we are going to Oregon to visit family, so we are trying to get all the necessary things done before that. Plus, when we get back Kali and I are going to start looking for jobs, so pray God will lead us to the perfect ones! Here are some pics of the move.....


                                            

Good bye to our Island.......

We went to a demolition derby on Saturday, July 3rd. That was lots of fun, I didn't really know what to expect, not being a country girl and all. They had some races and then finally the demolition derby when they all crashed into each other and the last one standing wins! It was pretty cool because one of the cars that kept beating everyone was a woman! I told my family that will be me in 5 years, giving me time to get used to the country life......haha Giddy up cowgirls! Ok, that just sounded stupid and ridiculous, trying too hard....give me a couple years.......

                                                Let the racing begin!!!

Starting to get cold....and obtaining more mosquito bites...grrr


Ok, so your probably wondering what the boot camp thing is all about. Today we were talking to my brother Josh (miss him lots!!) and he was talking about how he had starting working out, thus starting to get "more toned and forming abs..." hehe So I decided to make a contest out of it. Kali, Josh, and I are going to have a contest to see who can get the best abs! Of course, I have been informed that men just naturally get better abs than women, which should be the case! Yet, I think it will still be fun to do that together, a "friendly" little contest. (Josh and I have already been texting each other talking smack about how we are going to win! haha) So, this brings me to the boot camp part, I am naturally just more athletic than Kali is. Not that I am constantly doing athletics or anything, I just thrive on being active, love it! So, I told Kali (and she consented) that I will be her personal trainer over the contest period, I told her it will be like boot camp! lol I'm sure it won't be even close to anything like boot camp, but I will try to make it challenging for her and myself! By the way, I am not in ANY way, shape, or form saying that Kali needs a good workout and lose some weight, just think it will be fun! I will probably check back with you later on how things are going.......

Ever since we moved here, when we are meeting people at stores and things, lots of people are asking Kali and I where we are going to go to school. Then, we just look at each other and laugh, we have been out of school for a while! Kali is 23 and I am 19.....do we really look that young?! One older man thought I was 13! 13!!!! Come on, I can't look THAT young! Anyways, then they procede to tell us that its a blessing that we look younger and that we will appreciate when we are older....yeah yeah yeah....but its horrible right now!

2 comments:

  1. Maggie as a drill sargent oh that's priceless. I want video!

    Actually when I was younger people thought I was older and now that I'm older people think thatI'm younger. Go figure! However, those people are not wrong, you will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie,
    I know exactly what you mean about the whole younger and older thing. When Priscilla, Julia and I go places people always ask which one is the oldest, and there's 10 years between Julia and Priscilla. They normally guess Julia just because of her height. I always say it's not the height that counts, it's the maturity. :-)

    TTYL,
    Janell

    ReplyDelete