Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas is almost here!

I love this time of the year, especially since we have snow on the ground! Its looking like it will be a white Christmas for us, hurray!

Everyone is running around stores trying to find the "perfect" gift for so and so. Today I had to go to Walmart, wow......you feel like sometimes you have to crawl over five different people to get to the thing you need! It was sooo busy! I was on my lunch break so I was planning on taking it easy and just roaming around after getting the things I need. Well....that didn't happen, I roamed for a couple minutes and was like "Ok, this is crazy!" I am happy to report that I don't have to go to Walmart any more before Christmas, hurray!!

Something that really bothers me is when people say "Happy Holidays" or "Merry X-mas". ARRG! I realize that some places you work don't allow you to say "Merry Christmas" because they don't want to "offend" anyone. Seriously, for people who may say them, do they not realize they are taking "Christ", the whole reason we have Christmas, out of it? I know some people are aware of it, but I also know that others do it and don't even think about it. I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, it just frustrates me......

Side Note: I found out tonight that Alyssa and her family are coming next week!!!! Hurray!!!

If I don't post anything before Christmas.....everyone have a wonderful Christmas!!!

2 comments:

  1. AAHHH!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! I came home from work today soo tired from 8 hrs. of pruning holly trees, but I got a lot of energy when I heard we were making the trek over the mountains! I am counting down the days!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I always say Merry Christmas and if no one likes it then that's to bad...and I totally avoid Walmart around Christmas. Thankfully the only errand I have to run today to to Michaels so I can finish putting together my parents Crsitmas presents

    ReplyDelete