Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thanksgiving Thursday

Instead of doing my normal "list" of things that I'm thankful for, I will just share with you one HUGE thing that I am praising God for!

Sarah was asking me today at work was salvation was again. I explained it to her again and then she proceded to tell me about last night (or early this morning). Without going into all the details of our whole converstaion.....its sounds like Sarah GOT SAVED in the wee hours of the morning today!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! She is already experiencing the peace of the Lord, she is all smiles when we talk about it and is so excited!! She said after she was praying that she was telling her fiance about it and he was like "I think you got saved....". (A little side note here, I have not talked to her fiance about salvation.....so obviously she is telling him about our Bible studies...which is GREAT!!) Anyways, she said she was asking him if he thought she should call me....haha....at 3 or 4 am!! I guess he told her that he probably thought I was asleep, but just the fact that she wanted to call me at that early hour is so exciting!! We have already talked about going into the next lesson in the E-Life Studies which is talking about the assurance of salvation and she is really excited to do that one! It looks like Saturday is the desired day for that Bible Study. I'm hoping to get her to come out to church now too, she has been wanting to come and just never made it yet. With all that the Lord is doing in her life, hopefully now she finally makes that desire turn into action!

I am SO thankful that it was NOT by my own power that Sarah got saved. It was all by the Lord Jesus Christ that He convicted her of her sin and showed her the need for Him. I am so excited to see how God is going to work in her life AND in her families lives! (If I havn't mentioned it before....she has 3 precious little kids ranging from almost 5 years old to 7 months.) Hopefully we will see her fiance get saved, even through the changes he will be seeing in her life and the things she is telling him. Hey, who knows, we could have another wedding and baptism's before we know it! God is really working in the people over here and I am so glad He is seeing me fit to be a part of it! Praise the Lord!!

2 comments:

  1. wow Maggie!! This is just incredible! PRAISE THE LORD!! It's amazing to see how the Lord is working over there. And, of course, it's always an added blessing to be personally involved. :-) It's always a growing experience.

    ReplyDelete