Saturday, August 7, 2010

Events of the week

For those of you who didn't get an email from me, I got a letter in the mail yesterday from the Credit Union. (The place I had an interview at last week and was asking prayer for...) They told me that they had hired someone else for the position. To be honest, it was disappointing and discouraging. I'm not really sure where to go from here because I had planned on a banking job but that doesn't seem like its working out, hence not in the Lord's will for me at this time. So, its back to the drawing board! Please pray for me during this time as I look to the Lord for direction and try to see where He will lead me. On Friday, I was pretty discouraged and the Lord brought this verse to my mind, Philippians 4:19 "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Also a friend emailed me some Scriptures to help me during this time, which was an encouragement, Psalms 37:3-5 "Trust in the LORD, and do good; [so] shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. 4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. 5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring [it] to pass." Thanks Shannon for reminding me of God's promises!

I cooked almost all of this week for my family, planned it and everything! Since I did that, Kali mentioned that we should start doing that. Switching week to week between Kali, Mom and I, planning and cooking the meals. It will give my mom a break from it as well as prepare Kali and I for our future homes! Plus, Kali and I enjoy cooking so thats always fun! Here is the menu I planned for this past week:

Saturday: Plum Chicken, Rice, Green Beans
Monday: Taco Puffs w/ watermelon
Tuesday: Indian Spiced Chicken Burgers w/ watermelon (trying to use the watermelon before it went bad!)
Wednesday: FFY (Fend For Yourself) As a result of a busy day painting!
Thursday: Spaghetti Carbonara w/ Olive Focaccia (BTW, Carbonara was DELICIOUS!)
Friday: Majors came over and brought pizza!
Saturday: Taco Salad
 
I enjoyed it and trying new recipes out is always fun!
 
I was looking at some old emails yesterday and through that I saw some old pics that Alyssa had sent me of Linnea, Alyssa and I, as well as some others with some more friends! It was so much fun to look back and see pics of us and what we were doing and then thinking about us now. It really made me miss my two other amigos as well as everyone back in O.H.! Love and miss you all!
 
                                                At the Space Needle!
Linnea and I waiting for her brothers to finish their voice lessons! hehe Sportin' my Cabela's jacket :o)
                                            Alyssa and I in Washington D.C.!

3 comments:

  1. Maggie!! You are such an amazing friend and I miss you too! Let's plan a phone call for some time this week. Maybe tonight after church?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the disappointment on the job situation. The Lord is still good and in control even when things don't go the way WE plan.
    Hope you all are doing great there :o)

    ReplyDelete