Monday, August 16, 2010

Rodeo & A Short Visit

This weekend our friend Nicki came out for a short visit! She got here on Saturday evening then we went straight to the Rodeo! That was SOOOO much fun! I had never been to one before and wasn't sure what to expect. From the calf ropin', bull ridin', horse racin', bronco ridin', it was lots of fun! We all had so much fun, despite the *hot* weather. I don't think I have ever seen as many cowboys as I did on Saturday! After (and during) all the events I discovered that I wouldn't be totally heart broken if God brought me a Cowboy for a husband. *dreaming* hehe

~Funny Side Stories~ When we were walking to the Rodeo Stadium there were of course, lots of cowboys! At one point Kali was like "Oh, there is a cowboy for you Maggie!" Then I told her, "Yeah, except for the fact that he has a cigarette stickin' out of his mouth." At that point Kali, Mom, and Selena looked over and were like, "Oh...." Then I decided to give a second look to make sure, much to my enjoyment I discovered it was not a cigarette, it was a push up popsicle!! lol We got some good laughs out of that!

After the show Lilly most excitedly exclaimed to Chris, "I want to marry a Cowboy!!" Chris then replied, "Well he is going to have to come and talk to me first!" Lilly, "PLEEEEAAASSSEE!!" LOL She insists on marrying a cowboy I guess, well we are in the right place for it!
                                        
                                                                       Opening Ceremony

Yup, she was steering all four of those horses BY HERSELF! You probably won't believe me but they even did a jump later!

Olivia enjoying her snow cone

A team of two cowboys roping a calf, one gets the head and the other the legs, while being timed!

Nicki and I

Ridin' the bull....wait I dont see him, I think he fell off.....AWWW!!!

Dad with a hat sporting his two loves: Chevy and Camo

Visiting at Church

Kali wasn't feeling very good so I played the piano on Sunday....practice, practice practice

Nicki brought these for me when she came, 2 Costco size bags!! *love these things*

Sunday after church we went to the Majors and played "Chicken Foot", so fun! Nicki was planning on leaving Sunday evening but she contracted a bad cold while she was here and was feeling miserable! (We are thinking its because of our dry climate and lots of dust over here, which she is not used to living on the green, plush, island!) Poor thing! There was no way she was able to drive 4 hours back home in that condition so she stayed the night once more and left this afternoon. We had fun visiting and spending time with Nicki, hopefully we will see you again on Labor Day weekend!

Well that concludes the weekend events, hope ya'll had a great weekend as well! All I can say now is YEE HAW!

3 comments:

  1. YAY Labor Day weekend! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for clarification...Lilly was prompted to tell her dad she wanted to marry a cowboy. However, the pleading with him was all on her own. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time at the rodeo. I went to one this year for the first time ever and it was a lot of fun! All those cowboys :-) ~Priscilla

    ReplyDelete