Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

This week the Hower family came and spent a couple days with us. They came Tuesday evening and left Friday morning, allowing a couple days of great fellowship! I was able to get Wednesday off of work and enjoy a full day of fun and games. It was SO nice to visit with our close friends and see them once again! Yes....we played hedbandz :o)





New Years Eve we went over to the Majors house and had a pj party. We ate (of course), played some games, and did the quiz that the church in Oak Harbor was doing for their New Years Eve service. To make things a little more interesting, we thought it would be fun to make the losers of the quiz drink some of the spicy wing sauce Chris made. Oh yeah, it was on! Unfortunately, both teams came to a tie, therefore no losers! Instead, Dad, Chris and I decided we would do it anyways, just for fun. We had to hold some in our mouth for 10 seconds and then swallow it. You would think holding something hot in your mouth would be worse that swallowing it, but it wasn't! Once we started swallowing it, thats when it started to burn! It really wasn't too bad and the flavour was pretty good! Later, we had a video chat with Alyssa and played some games on the wii. All in all, we had a great time bringing in the New Year!

After staying up past 1 am the previous two nights, I was exhausted! I slept in this morning until X am. and just took it easy. Stayed in my pj's all day, did some things around the house, practiced piano, and gave myself  a pedicure! Ahhh.....so nice! I had a hankering to bake something, so I found some delicious looking scones in the cookbook Alyssa got Kali and I for Christmas. They had cinnamon and heath bits in the batter with a cream cheese glaze on the top. I had one of those OH.MY.GOODNESS. moments. Do you all ever get those?! Where something is so delicious that you want to faint or you might go weak in the knees?! (This may be exaggerated just a little :o) They were really delicious!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! Who else thinks that its absolutely crazy that its already 2011?!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 2011 to you, too :o)
    I've never heard of "hedbandz" before...sounds interesting. We love games so I'll have to check it out.
    LOL - my "oh.my.goodness" tasteful moment comes whenever I make my stuffed mushrooms. Stuffed with boursin cheese (mixed with a little cream) and eaten straight from the oven. Sooo good.
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete