Tuesday, January 25, 2011

No you didn't!!

Tonight at work I was working on calling people who owe us money. (We do our own collections....) A part of this job that I'm not crazy about, but don't really have a choice on whether or not I want to. Anyways, while making my calls tonight I was talking to this man and the conversation was so surprising and......interesting that I thought I would share with you all. For the sake of privacy I will refer to this man as "Creeper." ;o) Here's how it went.....

Me: Hi, Creeper! (Then proceed to talk to him and ask him when he can come in to pay...)

Creeper: Hi Maggie....(then talks a little about his situation)

Creeper: Are you Single?

Me: Yes, why?

Creeper: I think your a pretty woman.....

Me: (Seriously?!) Anyways......(tried to get back on the topic, all the while having a hard time believing that he is really doing this)

Creeper: Do you want to have dinner with me?

Me: No

Creeper: *Chuckles* At least your frank!

Me: Well, your kinda twice my age....(this man is 47!!)

Creeper: How does that matter? Most men your age don't have any money!

Me: Well apparently you don't either!

Creeper: That's not always true, I have trusts.....

Me: (At this point I proceeded to close the conversation and get off the phone A.S.A.P!)

Conversation Ends.......

Seriously....what part of that was supposed to flatter me?! This man is almost my dad's age....eww. Looking back I'm seriously amazed at how frank I really was with him! I'm not normally that way, but I 'm glad I was because I don't want to give him any kind of glimmer of a hope! God certainly was putting those words in my mouth for me. Wow....you just never know who might ask you out....over the phone! lol

5 comments:

  1. LOL, you spoke my thought's exactly! Way to go Mags!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! That is so creepy!! Sounds like you handled it well. I like your comment that apparently he DOESN"T have any money. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to thank you for making me spit coffee on my keyboard.....
    Also, Bwahahahahahaaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete