Sunday, January 30, 2011

Isn't it Amazing?!

Isn't it great how God will show you those little things in His Word to help you understand it more?! I was reading in Exodus today, it was talking about Moses and Aaron going to Pharaoh telling him to let the Children of Israel go. It went into the plagues and then I was puzzled by something, let's look at the verse together......

9:12  "And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had spoken unto Moses."

I wondered, why would God harden his heart? God was the one who wanted the Children of Israel to be free. So, why would He make it more difficult on purpose? I pondered the question, then Kali and I talked about why we thought God might do that. I continued reading and came upon this.....

10:1,2  "And the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh: for I have hardened his heart, and the heart of his servants, that I might shew these my signs before him:

And that thou mayest tell in the ears of thy son, and of thy son's son, what things I have wrought in Egypt, and my signs which I have done among them; that ye may know how that I am the LORD."
 
Wow...that's it! God wanted to show Himself to them, show them Who He really was. He was in control even though they thought they were. It's like God is saying, "Hey stupid, do you remember Who I am and what I can do?! No? Ok, I will show you then! I'm the One in control here." It amazes me how I had that little question that really wasn't too important in the scope of things, yet God showed me those verses to clearly answer it. This all happened, literally minutes after the question was asked and pondered. Isn't God amazing?!

1 comment: