Monday, October 4, 2010

Baking

Chris and Selena were telling us about Chess Pie and how they thought it was SO good. I had never heard of Chess Pie before, I guess its a southern thing. They grew up in Tennessee and I was surprised I had never heard of it because my mom is mainly from Arkansas. So, I found a couple recipes and decided to try it out. I did a regular Chess Pie and a lemon one, because we all love lemon flavored things over here! :o) The regular one wasn't my favorite, it tasted almost eggy, maybe the recipe or maybe its how its suppose to taste. The lemon one was actually pretty good! I think that was everyone's favorite!

    
 I had to try a little piece of both..... :o)

This morning I made Oatmeal Bake for breakfast....mmmmmm!! This has been made in our family for many years, it is soo delicious! Here is the recipe if you would like to try it!


~Oatmeal Bake~

3 c. oats
1 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
1/2 butter (melted)
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients and put into greased 9 in pan. Bake for 40 minutes and Enjoy!!

Some of my family (myself included) pour milk right over the oatmeal in the bowl, almost like cereal. It's good just eating it plain too!
If you try it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment