Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hunting

My Dad and I started off in the wee hours of the morning, heading over to Conconully. It was still dark by the time we got there, so we sat around for a little bit, drinking our hot beverages, waiting for the sun to come up :o)




The first place we went there was this little chipmunk in a tree behind us. That thing did not like us, it was seriously barking (squeaking?, I'm not really sure what you call that...lol) at us until we left! Looking straight at us! It was so strange, I guess it wanted to warn the deer that we were there!

We did A LOT of hiking yesterday, going up a steep mountain! We didn't walk up the entire thing but a lot of it. We saw about 5 or more doe in all and that brought some excitement, hoping there would be a buck near by. Yet, no bucks were to be seen...bummer! We reached the top of the mountain and saw a lot of hoof prints, but no deer where there at that point unfortunately. :o( 

At the top of the mountain......

Don't look too closely, while you are hunting, the primarly goal is not to look cute ;o)

It was so beautiful up there at this time of the year! Lots of trees changing colors.... 

Even though we didn't get a deer, we had a great time! Its so peaceful up there, being able to admire God's Creation! Its not very often Dad and I are able to spend time together, just the two of us. So, it was really nice and I enjoyed it! Dad wanted to make sure he didn't come back empty handed though, he picked up some wood on the way out....haha

               This was SO GREAT! It was almost 2:30 and my hot chocolate/coffee was STILL warm!! That was really nice coming into the truck and having a hot beverage to warm myself up with!!

Last night both dad and I were so tired! From hiking all day and getting up really early, we were beat! I started falling asleep at about 8 and then finally went to bed at 8:30, which is really early for me! Dad went to bed not long after too. With a full night of rest, we both woke up feeling much better, ready to go and worship our Lord!

2 comments:

  1. FUN! How's work been? We had a great time with Chris today! Great Preaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you did look cute!! Maggie, I think you make a cute huntress. LOL

    ReplyDelete