Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tearjerker

I just finished watching a movie called "Letters to God". Kali wanted to watch it and to be honest I didn't really want to watch it because it sounded like a tearjerker. I finally gave in and watched it with the family, stupidly not having tissues on hand. It was based on a true story about a little boy who has cancer and writes letters to God. How he affects so many peoples lives in the process of this whole thing.  I know, just reading the description makes you want stay far away from the movie, like me, because it sounds like you will not see the movie because your eyes are blocked by your tears the entire time. Yup, they will be, but it was really good. Heart wrenching, but good! (If those descriptions can be in the same sentence....)

Just pondering it, I have known some people who have gone through cancer (some not fully recovering) and its amazing the joy and desire to serve others that they really have. Here we are sitting on our good health and having a grumpy countenance because we spilled a little ketchup on our white shirt. I think at this point we really need to be praising God for what He has given us and praising Him for what He allows into our lives (good or bad).  Anyways I just wanted to share this with you all. If you dare to watch it (we found it on Netflix) make sure you have a box of tissues near by and an extra box just in case.....

3 comments:

  1. Sniff sniff....thanks for watching it with me.

    Oh, and I forgive you for throwing the pillow at me because you were crying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on renting it. So thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah...that's on our Que. It sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete